Wednesday 6 October 2010

My Review of the BEASTX

The Microbeast BeastX is one of the top FBL (flybarless) units on the market and for a very competitive price. I decided to buy one a couple weeks ago after seeing it in action at my local flying club. My first impressions were that it was a very nice unit, it has all the programing features you could ever need and it retails at approximately £150. As this was my first FBL unit, I had no experience on what to expect. Looking at the manual hurt my head a little because of all the different settings (but don't let this put you off), I kept all of these as default apart from the important ones like servo frequency and swash mixing etc...

After getting to grips with the settings, I have now changed them to the way I like it. It really makes the heli feel a lot more stable and also more manoeuvrable. The feeling of have no flybar is quite strange at first, but this is easy to get used to. I got used to it very quick and I prefer it without a flybar. It's got so many more advantages, longer flights, more power, more stable. The only dis-advantage (that some people see) is the way it flys, but I honestly don't see that as a problem.

Here are a few pictures of it on my Trex 500: